Hard Drive Shredding in Trenton
Did you know your hard drives also need to be destroyed before they leave your possession? This must be done in order to be compliant with New Jersey and federal privacy laws. That’s because digital files are fully recoverable from an old hard drive, even if you’ve wiped the hard drive clean of your files.
The only option to ensure your security is to physically destroying old hard drives. Trenton Shredding & Records Storage’s local contractors offer hard drive shredding. They can destroy your hard drive on site or at a secure Trenton plant, where they melt down your pieces and recycle what is left over.
Hard drive destruction ensures the complete protection of all electronic data. Today, society is continuing to shift to an online platform. Therefore, it is critical to know the importance of hard drive shredding. Over the year, valuable and confidential information was stored on the drive. Without proper destruction, the data can still be recovered.
There are mainly three reasons why hard drive shredding is a better solution.
- Security: there is a focus on keeping data secure through the whole process. The process complies with regulations, such as HIPAA, and maintaining clear form of confidentiality.
- Time Efficiency: the process focuses on your needs, so you can drop off your hard drives or, depending on local providers, simply have someone come pick them up.
- Cost: The entire process is easy and affordable. Most hard drive shredding services cost about $4-$12 per drive. The cost incurred go towards completely covering electronic assets.
Beware—It’s more than just the hard drive in your traditional desktop computer that is at risk. Hard drives are hidden everywhere in a home or office. Each electronic device potentially has sensitive data stored in its memory. Commonly overlooked are scanners, fax machines, and printers, which can retain a copy of every digital file any of these devices have received or handled throughout their lifetime. Here’s a list of other electronic devices you might not have considered:
- Mobile devices like cell phones, smart phones, PDAs, tablets and laptops
- Fax machines, scanners, copiers, and printers
- USB removable media such as pen drives, thumb drives, flash drives and sticks
- RAM and ROM-based storage devices
- Memory cards, including SD, SDHC, MMC, compact flash, microdrive and memory sticks
- Legacy magnetic media like floppy drives, zip disks and magnetic tapes
- PC hard drives
- Optical media, including CDs and DVDs
- Embedded flash on boards and devices
- Biomedical devices
Protect Yourself from a Data Breach—Enlist in a Hard Drive Shredding Service in Trenton Today!
Failing to shred your old hard drives can result in severe repercussions. The destruction of digital data can only be guaranteed through hard drive shredding. Let Trenton Shredding & Paper Service help protect your business, employees, and clients today!
To learn more about hard drive shredding, simply fill out the form on the left or give us a call at (609) 920-0306.